- Rehabilitation and Palliative care
- Band 6
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- North Cambs Hospital
- £30,401 - £37,890 pa pro rata
- 20/08/2019 23:59
The permanent posts are eligible for a £1500 New Hire Bonus. An initial payment of £500 will be paid in the first 6 months and a final payment of £1000 will be paid 1 year after your start date. This is pro-rata for part-time posts
We are currently looking for a proactive Deputy Ward Manager, who will join our team on Trafford Ward. If you are looking for a dynamic role where you are able to showcase your high level of patient care, as well as your strong team work ethic, this is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate added value in a challenging environment.
About the role
Reporting to the Trafford Ward Manager, you will assist the team to deliver personal care to our patients who have a variety of rehabilitation needs for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT). Working with a team of passionate and dedicated Health Care professionals, you will be responsible for delivering a high level of care to the patients in our community wards. This post is open to professionals with the right attributes to enhance a team.
Key responsibilities include
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, patient focused care and treatment which promotes the “Essence of Care” and “Standards for Better Health” principles.
-Ensure Expected Date of Discharge (EDD) is set through negotiation between patient, carer, team and internal/external agencies to achieve a safe and effective discharge which closely meets the patient’s needs.
- Communicate effectively with patients and their families /carers
- Ensure delivery of effective patient centred care programmes, through appropriate leadership; - ensure monitoring of quality and compliance with standards is demonstrable within the service on an on-going basis.
- To maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients/ clients, visitors and staff.
- To comply with the Professional Codes of Conduct and to be aware of changes in these. To maintain up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation and local policies and procedures implementing this.
-To ensure that all duties are carried out to the highest standard and in accordance with current quality initiatives within the work area.
-To comply with all relevant Trust policies, procedures and guidelines, including those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Confidentiality of Information and to be aware of any changes in these.-
About Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHF Foundation Trust
Here at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) we are dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion. We deliver many of the NHS services that are provided outside of hospital and in the community such as physical, mental health and specialist services. Together with global, national and local partners we conduct high-quality and ground-breaking research into mental and physical health and support innovation to improve patient care.
Why join us?
We strive to improve the health and well-being of the people we care for, our staff and members, to support and empower them to lead a fulfilling life. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. We are keen to support and develop our staff through a clear career pathway and encourage promotional opportunities within the Trust.
What will you bring?
- Demonstrable communication skills across all levels, utilizing a confident and articulate approach
- Self-awareness and sense of accountability
- Ability to work under pressure within a challenging environment
What’s on offer?
- Attractive Salary
- Opportunities for Career Progression within the Trust
- An inclusive and safety focused culture
- We are committed to building a diverse environment. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity of expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Your application will be treated with absolute confidentiality.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Ward Manager - 01945 468777