- Specialist Adolescent In-patient Unit
- Band 7
- Secondment: 12 months
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Darwin Centre Block 19
- £38,890 - £44,503 per annum pro rata
- 20/01/2021 23:59
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS POST IS CURRENTLY ONLY OPEN TO EMPLOYEES OF CPFT
Is this you?
- Experience of managing teams and the ability to work as part of a wider leadership team
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to high quality care and service provision
- Have the ability to work flexibly
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent care to young people and their families
The Darwin Centre is a specialist adolescent in-patient unit for the assessment and treatment of young people age 12-18 years old (inclusive) with serious mental health problems. The centre works in partnership with young people, their families and other external children's agencies to help them manage their illness in a way that will enable them to return to their home and community at the earliest and safest opportunity.
The post offers the opportunity to work intensively with service users in crisis developing plans of care as part of a strong multi-disciplinary team. The Ward Manager role is integral to the continued success of the multi-disciplinary team.
You would be a key stakeholder in the continued development of the Ward, working alongside the Clinical Nurse Specialist and Modern Matron to enhance and shape patient experience to ensure best outcomes are achieved for patients engaged with the service and the workforce.
Should you be successful in your application you can be assured of our commitment to support your continued development within the role. This will include regular supervision and training opportunities.
CPFT are dedicated to the development of its workforce with many in house leadership courses and clinical skills modules. The Trust also has strong relationships with Higher Education and has access to modules to support continuing professional development.
Other benefits from joining us are:
- Annual leave allowance 27 days plus bank holidays (depending on NHS service)
- Pension scheme
- Full-time/Part-time or job share opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Professional leadership programmes for experienced nurses through NHS Academy
- Free on-site parking at Fulbourn
- Stress awareness training
- Mindfulness training
- Counselling service
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Dave Rickerby, Modern Matron
Dave.Rickerby@cpft.nhs.uk / 01223 534430
Nicky Bidwell, Service Manager