- Band 6
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Ida Darwin Hospital
- £30,401 - £37,267 pa pro rata
- 19/08/2019 23:59
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager to undertake a 1 year secondment at the Croft Child and Family Unit based in Ida Darwin Hospital, Fulbourn, Cambridge.
The Croft Child and Family Unit is a 12 bedded unit providing day and in-patient psychiatric services for children aged 0-13 years and their families. The service also offers day patient admissions, as well as transition services and outpatient sessions.
The service is the only NHS provider of in-patient mental health care for children (under 13) in the East of England Region, and the only unit in the country which admits parents alongside their child as an integral part of their mental health care.
We are looking for people who have :
- Relevant professional registered qualification (registered Mental health nurse, Paediatric nurse or Learning Disability Nurse).
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility
- Keen team player
- Interest in working with children and families
- Good communication skills
- Able to work, at times in a challenging acute environment
- Able to supervise, mentor and develop junior staff and students
- Organise and able to take on tasks that support the running of the ward
Responsibilities within this role:
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Working with families, carers and children
- Maintaining safe boundaries whilst working with vulnerable patients
- Providing therapeutic environment
- Supporting the physical and psychological needs of a patient group
- Provide supervision for junior colleagues
- Providing 24/7 seniority cover.The ideal candidate will have a strong team work ethic, sense of accountability, accompanied by an ability to work under considerable pressure at times.We will provide the necessary support to ensure your development within your role.
We are keen to support and develop our staff through a clear career pathway and encourage promotional opportunities within the Trust.
If you are unable to attend an interview on the suggested date, please let us know on your application as the interview date can be negotiable. To ensure that we achieve this goal we look to recruit candidates of a high calibre that share our passion for delivering excellent service user care, research and education.
There may be an informal service user interview before or after the main interview, and that the service users have an advisory role.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) provides integrated community and mental health, learning disability and social care services of the highest standard due to our continued commitment to quality and service improvement. We aim to support people of all ages to achieve the very best they can for their health and well being.
If you are looking for a new challenge, enjoy variety in your work and wish to be part of a team striving to make a difference for our community by supporting people with mental health or learning disability needs then we want to hear from you.
This post is open to professionals with the right attributes to enhance a team.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Sorcha Morrell - Ward Manager email@example.com